Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Momma


I wrote this for my mom a while ago but I was thinking about how very wonderful she is and with Mother's Day just past I thought I put it up. 



Magical Hands


Telling me I'll always be your baby in your arms
Playing Barbies and collecting special charms
Creating with magic, fairies, dreams, and happy endings
Building a home of warmth, love and mendings.
With games where we can't pass go,
Until learning the beauty of all she knows
Precious moments with only girls and junior mints
Teacher of goodness, with actions for hints
Embraces of safety and kisses of love
sending us in the world with trust in above
connecting forever familes with tradition and joy
always bringing 200 percent she does not toy
to bring all to Christ and the armor of God
tightening all around the grasp on the rod
Her home full of inviting smells and feelings
As we learn to end each day in prayerful kneelings
Leaving all feeling better then when arrived
Nursing with band-aids and ointments till healing derived
Companion and confidant walking through it all
Picking me up each time that I fall
A garden full of seeds planted in hearts and minds
gently placed to help troubles of all kinds
So intune to always know what is best
hardly allowed a small moment of rest
Guarding us from fear and discouragment tear
She leads and lifts to help us all bear
My Forever Buddy and Cupcake Queen
is the greatest mom and friend ever seen!


I love you!




1 comment: