Saturday, April 23, 2011

Very Married

Audrey Hepburn, one of my all time favorite people once said, "If I get married, I want to be very married." This is exactly what I desire, to be very married. I was married last October and I am glad to report I feel very married. What does it mean to be very married? Well, according to the dictionary it is: the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments. Well, that leaves a lot of room for interpretation. I think marriage is something more. Marriage to me is a commitment in so many ways. It is a choice to share your life with someone no matter how hard things get. To always have their back, as they always have yours. To make two seperate paths, one. My father once said to me, in marriage it isn't 50% one person and 50% the other. Its 100% from each person. It is giving all you have to make it strong and everlasting. That is being "very married."

No comments:

Post a Comment